Thomas D. Grant
From complex civil and felony criminal jury trials to real estate transactions, oil and gas issues, business formations, contract interpretations, administrative hearings and sophisticated domestic relations matters, Tom has a great breadth of experience that spans from the boardroom to the courtroom. A Colorado Attorney with more than twenty years’ experience, Tom is committed to delivering quality legal representation and solving problems for businesses and individuals across Weld County and throughout Colorado and cares deeply about his clients.
Tom is a strong believer that many problems can be avoided when clients seek legal advice before making major life decisions, rather than waiting until a crisis arises, and he provides representation that keeps his clients’ business and personal affairs running smoothly. A successful negotiator, Tom has a proven track record of resolving many issues through mediation and arbitration. However, he knows that some problems cannot be prevented and or amicably resolved. When an aggressive approach is needed, Tom has used his years in the Courtroom to win many civil and criminal trials.
Tom graduated from the University in Utah and received his juris doctorate from Hamline Law School in St. Paul, Minnesota. When he returned to Colorado in 1992, Tom practiced both in Denver in private practice and as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Greeley before partnering with Chuck and Janet Dickson, renowned area attorneys, in 1999. Tom became a founding partner of Grant, Hoffman and Kamada in 2008, and in 2015 the firm became known as Grant & Hoffman P.C.. Tom lives in Greeley and is an active member of the community. He is a current member and former President (2001-2002) of the Weld County Bar Association. Tom is involved with Historic Preservation in the City of Greeley and also serves on the Poudre River Trail Board and the Greeley Downtown Development Authority.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation 20%
- Estate Planning 20%
- Business Advice and Formation 20%
- Criminal Law 20%
- Family Law 20%
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1993
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor – 05/1992
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- B.S. – 05/1985
- Major: Political Science
- General Heating and Air Conditioning
- Preferred Cartage Trucking Company
- Eckstein Electric
- Weld County Garage
- Ehrlich Motors
- Beefit, Inc.
- Morning Fresh Farms
- Envirotech Services, Inc.
- Colorado Rockies Chairman, Charles Monfort
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Weld County Bar Association, Member, 1994 to Present
- Weld County Bar Association, Past President, 2001 to 2002
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1993 to Present
- American Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- NCMC Inc. – Board Member
- Downtown Development Authority
Past Employment Positions
- City of Greeley, Assistant City Attorney, 1993 to 1999
- City of Greeley, Lead Criminal Prosecutor
- Historic Preservation Commission, Poudre River Trail Corridor Board, Liquor Board, Greeley Fire Rescue Authority, Legal Counsel
- Colorado Oil, Gas Conservation Commission, Government Representative
- Kappa Sigma
“I’ve worked with the top lawyers and law firms in the country and have not met a more competent and committed firm than yours.”
- Phil McGraw
Call An Experienced Attorney
Our lawyers will review your case details and give you a clear plan for how we can help. We represent clients throughout Northern Colorado, including Fort Collins, Greeley, Fort Morgan, and Sterling. Call our law firm or send an email to talk to a professional and understanding attorney.